You….parents, grandparents, educators, caretakers, volunteers…Children’s Week is for you! Children’s Week is the largest and most widely attended event at the Capitol annually, but it’s not just another event at the State Capitol. The event is designed for all children and families in Tallahassee to attend and it’s entirely free. Says Jason Zaborske, Children’s Week Statewide Coordinator,
Children’s Week is one of Tallahassee’s best kept events. When parents realize all of the free and fun activities taking place, they immediately make plans to bring their child(ren) to the State Capitol. It’s the best day of the year to bring your children to the State Capitol.
Children’s Week Event Line-Up
There’s something for everyone during Children’s Week…from advocacy workshops to brainstorming luncheons to reading corners to countless booths and activities for the kids and so much more — and FREE! Find a line-up of local events below and mark your calendars to come on out, bring your kids** and make the most of this annual campaign for children!
- Children’s Week: Florida Youth SHINE presents Youth Advocacy Workshop**
- Children’s Week Luncheon
- Children’s Week: Legislative Reading Corner**
- Children’s Week: Guided Tours of the Capitol**
- Children’s Capitol for a Day**
- Children’s Week Press Conference and Hanging of the Hands Dedication Ceremony
- Children’s Week Breakfast**
- Children’s Week Awards Dinner & Reception
- Children’s Week: Advocacy Training Workshop “Making Your Case”
Connect With Children’s Week
Enter your email in the area designated to the bottom right of the screen.