Who We Are
Thank you for your interest in learning more about Tally Connection. In September of 2013 Tally Connection celebrated its third anniversary. What began as a simple idea has grown in to a tremendous service to our community, and we couldn’t be more thankful to the people of our town for embracing us, allowing for such success. Thanks to outstanding community support, we see a very bright future ahead.
As our welcome message says,
“How fortunate we are, as a community, to live in such a beautiful, diverse and lively town.”
Our team strives to capture all of the best of it in this one unique place for all to enjoy visiting each day. Our readers visit Tally Connection to learn about local events and local deals, browse our blog, choose a restaurant to dine at, plan a day outdoors or a visit to a museum, and to enter to win giveaways that benefit our community. Tally Connection is the perfect place for all to Get in touch with our COMMUNITY.
Your business, your organization, your events, your services… Are all significant pieces of “our COMMUNITY”. Tally Connection is the place where residents can learn about them all. Being a not for profit organization, existing for the sole purpose of community service we’re proud to offer complimentary advertisement and promotion to local business and for local events. Our team is dedicated to supporting the local businesses within our community, and we feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to create mutually beneficial partnerships with many local businesses and organizations. The main services we can provide, at no cost to you, include:
- Advertising & Promotion
- Fundraising for Non Profits
- Financial Services for Businesses
- Financial Education Workshops
Social Responsibility & Community Commitment
The independently operated Tally Connection, is owned by FSU Credit Union. Why would a credit union start a community resource website? Credit unions are driven by a social purpose and conduct business as such, under the motto, People Helping People.
“Credit unions exist to help people, not make a profit. Our goal is to serve all of our members well, including those of modest means – every member counts. Our members are fiercely loyal for this reason. They know their credit union will be there for them in bad times, as well as good. The same people-first philosophy causes credit unions and our employees to get involved in community charitable activities and worthwhile causes – just ask us.” –Credit Union National Association (CUNA)
Interested in learning more about The Credit Union Difference? Here are a few major points:
- Not-for-profit. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives. We exist to serve our members, not to make a profit. Unlike most other financial institutions, credit unions do not issue stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. Instead, earnings are returned to our members in the form of lower loan rates, higher interest on deposits, and lower fees.
- Ownership. Credit unions are economic democracy. Each credit union member has equal ownership and one vote — regardless of how much money a member has on deposit. At a credit union, every customer is both a member and an owner.
- Volunteer Boards. Each credit union is governed by a board of directors, elected by and from the credit union’s membership. Board members serve voluntarily.
- Financial Education for Members. Credit unions assist members to become better- educated consumers of financial services. Additionally, CUNA is partnering with the National Endowment for Financial Education, a not-for-profit foundation, to expand financial education among high school students. A national study shows that just ten hours of personal finance education can positively affect students’ spending and savings habits for a lifetime.
FSU Credit Union was recently recognized for Outstanding Service to Our Community, winning the prestigious Dora Maxwell Award, which honors credit unions for the social responsibility projects they manage within their communities.
Now That You Really Know Us…
Thank you very much for taking the time to learn more about Tally Connection. Now that you know who we are, what we offer and why we’re a part of our community, we look forward to you Contacting Us when we can help you share with our community.