Thanks for visiting the Community Calendar. To stay in-the-know about what’s happening now, you can also sign up for Your Weekly TallyConnection, and we’ll hit your inbox on Friday mornings with a line-up of current events! We make it easy for you to get out and enjoy Tallahassee! Thank you again for visiting.
During 8 weekly sessions students will learn art skills and gain an understanding of the materials and techniques used at AR Workshop and beyond. Lessons will cover basic tools, safety, techniques, color theory, up-cycling, hand lettering and careers in art. They will leave the course with a variety of knowledge they can apply to all future creative pursuits. The weekly sessions will run from 3:30-5:00 pm.
Students will be able to:
• come up with alternate uses for old materials, i.e. up-cycle
• fix things using strategies, tools, and methods learned in class
• name tools and their intended use
• use tools safely and correctly
• choose project paint and stain colors that contrast
• use a variety of different techniques (ombre, watercolor) in their projects
• make appropriate design choices (i.e. busy background, simple design)
• identify, name and discuss different careers in the art field
• write using simple hand lettering techniques and layouts
• understand basic hand-knitting techniques
1. Intro to Tools/Wild for Wood
2. Technique pARty
3. Crazy for Color
4. What’s Old is New
5. Hand Lettering 101
6. Basics of Hand-knitting
7. Artists Can..
8. Create it Your Way
• Canvas Tote
• Youth Plank Wood Project
• Hand Lettered – Greeting Card and Wall Art
• Chunky Knit Scarf
• Up-cycled Item from Home
• Free Build Project
• Interest in learning about art in relation to AR Workshop as well as general art practices
• Must be between ages 8 and 14
• Willingness to try new things
This is a Weekly Recurring Event. This event runs from Sep 14, 2021 to Nov 2, 2021 and happens every Tuesday from 3:30 PM to 5 PM.
It’s the perfect time to register for our Chunky Knit Blanket Workshop!
We are now offering more styles to cuddle, our classic Chunky Knit Blanket and our NEW Chunky Cable Knit Blanket. In this workshop, we will guide you step-by-step through the hand knitting process to create a super cozy, one-of-a-kind blanket. The blankets requires no needles and knitting experience! For both style blankets, you will receive enough chunky chenille yarn to make an (approximately) 40″ x 50″ blanket. The finished size may vary depending on your individual hand-knitting process. This is an advanced project and intended for guests aged 15 and up. All materials and instruction are included.
BYO wine or beer to sip and enjoy during the workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be able to choose your yarn colors when you arrive for your workshop. We offer a selection of neutral colors (i.e gray, cream, and tan) along with a few other color choices. Colors may be limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis.